Lotus Pose
Whole day tiredness by standing or work stress! Just sit on this pose for a while quietly. You will filled with fresh energy.
Sanskrit Name/ Padmasana
Pose Level-1 and 2
Contraindications and Cautions
- Ankle injury
- Knee injury
- Underwent surgery of knee, ankle or hip joint.
- Padmasana is considered to be an intermediate to advanced pose.
Do not perform this pose without sufficient prior experience or unless
you have the supervision of an experienced teacher.
Ardha Padmasana( Half Lotus), Siddhasana
( Accomplished pose), Swastikasana(Auspicious Pose)
Virasana( Hero pose), Vajrasana( Diamond
pose), Gomukhasana( Cow face pose),
- Calms the brain, keeps the mind alert and attentive. Hence, it is one of
the asanas most recommended for the practice of mediation and
- Stimulates the pelvis, spine, abdomen, and bladder
- Stretches the ankles and knees
- Eases menstrual discomfort and sciatica
- Consistent practice of this pose until late into pregnancy is said to
help ease childbirth.